1) Set Up the CNAME on the MoFuse Platform
- Log into your MoFuse account, and open the site you wish to configure a custom domain name for.
- Click on the 'Site Settings' icon to navigate to the site settings configuration page.
- Click on the 'Custom Domain Settings' link found in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter in the desired custom domain name, then click 'Update'
NOTE: The recommended naming format is <subdomain>.<domain name> with 'm' used as the standard mobile subdomain convention (e.g. m.mofuse.com, or, m.example.org). This is not a requirement however and alternate naming conventions can be used.
2) Configure the CNAME on HostGator.com
- Log into your HostGator cPanel control panel.
- Under 'Domains', click on the 'Simple DNS Zone Editor'.
- For Name: Enter in the subdomain that you configured on the MoFuse platform (e.g. m)
- For CNAME: Enter mofusehosted.com
- Click 'Add CNAME Record'