1) Set Up the CNAME on the MoFuse Platform
- Log into your MoFuse account, and open the site you wish to configure a custom domain name for.
- Click on the 'Site Settings' icon to navigate to the site settings configuration page.
- Click on the 'Custom Domain Settings' link found in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter in the desired custom domain name, then click 'Update'
NOTE: The recommended naming format is <subdomain>.<domain name> with 'm' used as the standard mobile subdomain convention (e.g. m.mofuse.com, or, m.example.org). This is not a requirement however and alternate naming conventions can be used.
2) Configure the CNAME on GoDaddy.com
- Log into your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Launch
- Go to the Zone File Editor for the domain name you want to update.
- Click Add New Record. The Add DNS Record window displays.
- From the Record type list, select CNAME (Alias).
- Complete the following fields:
a) Alias Name: Enter the subdomain name for the alias assignment. For example, m
b) Points to Host Name — Enter: mofusehosted.com
- Click OK.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK. The new CNAME record displays in the CNAME (Alias) section.