1) Set Up the CNAME on the MoFuse Platform
- Log into your MoFuse account, and open the site you wish to configure a custom domain name for.
- Click on the 'Site Settings' icon to navigate to the site settings configuration page.
- Click on the 'Custom Domain Settings' link found in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter in the desired custom domain name, then click 'Update'
NOTE: The recommended naming format is m.<domain name> (e.g. m.mofuse.com, m.example.org). This is not a requirement however and alternate naming conventions can be used.
2) Setup the CNAME on 1and1
- Log into your 1and1 account.
- Click the 'Domains' link that can be found within the 'Domains & Webspace' panel.
- In the 'New' menu, select 'Create Subdomain'.
- Enter in the subdomain that you configured on the MoFuse platform (e.g. m)
- Select the desired domain name (it should be identical to the domain name that you configured in the Custom Domain Settings page on the MoFuse platform).
- Click 'OK'.
- Now, click the checkbox next to this newly created subdomain to select it.
- Click on the 'DNS' option in the Domains toolbar, and select 'Show DNS Settings' from the available menu options.
- Click the 'Edit' button.
- Under 'Domain Data': Select the 'CNAME' option.
- Under CNAME Settings: Enter mofusehosted.com and click the Confirmation checkbox.
- Click 'OK'.