First! If you're not sure what 'redirect code' is: Click Here!
Implementing mobile redirect code isn't difficult, though it is a two step process:
- On the MoFuse platform, copy the automatically generated redirect code for your mobile site.
- Paste that code into the header of the main page of your desktop site.
1. On the MoFuse Platform
- Log into your MoFuse account, and click on the name of the mobile site you want to set up a redirect for.
- Click on the 'Mobile Redirect' icon.
- Click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button.
2. Integrating With Your Desktop Site
The specific process can vary depending on the nature of your desktop site and your site host. But ultimately the end goal is the same.
- If you have a site hosted with a host provider like GoDaddy, 1on1, or HostGator, you will be editing a file that will be named 'index.html' or 'home.html'.
- Using an FTP client or your sitehost's web-based interface, find and open the file relevant to your desktop site host or site type.
- Within this file, you are looking for the 'header'. This will be defined by two tags: <head> and </head>. Everything in between? Stuff that's in your site's header.
- Paste the copied redirect code anywhere between those <head> tags, then save and republish the file.
NOTE: If you have a WordPress or Joomla site, you will be editing the header.php file of the template that you are currently using.
You can test whether or not you've embedded the code successfully, simply by attempting to navigate to your desktop site from a mobile device. If you've successfully embedded the code, you should find yourself automatically redirected to your mobile site.